THE NEW ROUTINE FOR YOUR VISIT TO ABBEYDALE HEALTH.
In light of the ongoing situation with Covid-19 we at Abbeydale Health have put in place several new systems in the clinic to help keep both you and our therapists and staff safe. We have instigated all the appropriate health and safety routines recommended by the Government and our professional governing bodies. We are constantly updating our protocols as necessary. Our staff and therapists have been trained in infection control including cleaning of the clinic and the use of PPE.
However, for our systems to be effective we will need your help and cooperation. Here is the outline of Abbeydale Health’s new routine :-
- Before you even arrive there is new step, a triage appointment, this will apply to everyone whether you’re an existing patient or one that is new to the clinic as its purpose is to discover whether a face to face appointment is warranted or whether your condition can be dealt with virtualy, managed remotely with advice and exercise. If we decide you need hands on treatment you will also be asked questions relating to Covid-19 and your possible exposure to it. There will be a charge for the virtual appointment that you will be required to pay in advance via a simple link sent to you by email.
- If you develop symptoms of Covid-19 or come into contact with anyone that has developed symptoms or tested positive for the virus at any point between making your face to face appointment and the day itself you MUST ring the clinic and cancel. You will not be charged in this case no matter how late the cancellation.
- ON ARRIVAL. We ask that you do not arrive at the clinic until the time of your appointment, if you do you may find the clinic door locked and you will be expected to wait outside. We are trying to make sure everyone is kept safe and so appointments will be spaced to avoid patient cross over and to allow sufficient time for the required cleaning of the treatment room. On entering the clinic we would first require all our patients to be wearing a mask and there will be sanitizer ready for you to clean your hands, masks will be for sale in the clinic in case you forget. Treatment cannot commence unless both of these steps have been taken. I’m sorry but we cannot allow relatives or friends to wait in the reception area apart from in exceptional circumstances and then only with prior arrangement.
- DURING TREATMENT. To cut down on the risk of infection and make cleaning easier we will no longer be using any fabric such as couch covers or blankets, you may wish to wear loose fitting clothing with an elastic waistband such as jogging bottoms and a t-shirt. All therapist will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- AFTER TREATMENT. We will no longer be accepting any cash payments; you will be able to pay either by card or bank transfer. Depending on your problem and the outcome of your treatment your next appointment will either be another face to face visit or a follow up virtual consultation This can be booked before leaving the clinic or over the phone at a later date as the online booking system is not available at this time. Please be aware that all virtual appointments have to be paid for in advance.
We appreciate that this is a difficult and confusing time but we will endeavour to make your visit to Abbeydale Health as safe and as stress free as possible. If you have any questions please feel free to call the clinic on 0114 2584499 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible. In the meantime please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon.